Monday, January 10, 2011

Madeline Grace is here!!

Madeline Grace was born January 2nd 2011 all on her own!  She weighed in at 6 lbs. 15 oz. and was 19 1/4 inches long.
Here is the short birth story.  I don't want to bore you with every detail!!
This is me at 39 weeks!  Madeline was born at 39 weeks 2 days.


I started having contractions at 8am sunday morning. Labored through church, came home to get my things and get Emily situated and went up to the hospital around 2:00 pm. I was 3 cm dilated. All the nurses thought I was faking it because I was too happy LOL!
They had me go walk around for an hour on the labor floor and then I was 5cm. They admitted me, gave me my epi at 5:30 pm and shortly after that (probably around 7:30 pm) they broke my water. It was super fast after that.

Because I had such terrible tearing with Emily they were going to have the baby descend into the pelvis as low as she could go before having me push.  I was in such excruciating pain when they had me lay on each side to get her moving.

I started pushing at 8:40 and Madeline was born at 8:47! YES. I pushed for SEVEN minutes! It was a tough 7 minutes though. It was very painful with tons and tons of pressure. BUT I didn't tear!

The recovery has been a breeze. I feel great!



Everyone told me I looked way too happy to have just given birth!


Ready to go home!





No comments:

Post a Comment