Monday, December 6, 2010

Running out of time

I feel as if I am running out of time.  In about 5 weeks our family dynamics with totally change.  Never to be the same again.  We will have TWO kids instead of one.  I feel as if I am running out of time with Emily.  Just Emily.  This weekend Adam had to work both days.  We spent the entire weekend together.  Just her and I.  Saturday we had her cousin's birthday party to go to, and saw some family that night, but other than that we were home together.

We woke up on Sunday and watched Polar Express while snuggled in my bed.  Then we played, went to Wegmans and back home to nap snuggled on the couch.  I just held her tight, staring at her little face as she slept close to me.  Remembering when she was my little baby.

Her little world is about to change and she has no idea. I can't help but feel just a little sad/guilty that she won't be the center of attention anymore.  We won't be able to devote all our time to just her.  I honestly don't know how she will deal with a sibling.  Everyone tells me that it will be a transition. Which is fine to say.  I don't appreciate the people who like to tell me how horrible it is going to be. She is already pretty temperamental!!  She has the whole independence thing going strong.  If she doesn't get her way or we do something for her, all hell breaks loose! Then sometimes she wants us to do things for her.  Such a fun age.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you guys and love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERYONE feels this sense of loss/guilt as baby #2 arrives. At least, I know I did and I know a lot of my friends did, too. I also felt guilt about #2 - that he would *never* have the one-on-one that the first baby got. But you know what? They are both fine. We still have one-on-one time with both of them. They just have to take turns. And hey, sharing is hard, but it's a good thing to learn, you know?

    It's going to be great. :)

    ReplyDelete